OWA - End-users
Log on to OWA
Click on the small Gear icon > Options
Under Options > General My account > click Change password
In the new window, give your current password and the new password twice.
End-users can only reset their password like this once in every 24 hours.
If you try to do this more than once a day, you’ll get an error about password complexity. The administrator of course can still reset the password. (A company admin or a reseller admin can do it via Machpanel.)
Password complexity requirements
1. The password must not contain the user's account name or parts of the user's display name that exceeds two characters.
E.g. If the user's name is Stefan Kraft, he cannot choose a password like Kraft.1234 or STEF%!432 - BUT he can choose e.g. Kr1234%! (because KR is part of his name, but is only 2 consecutive characters.)
2. The password needs to be at least 7 characters.
3. The password needs to contain three of the following four categories:
- Uppercase characters (A..Z)
- Lowercase characters (a..z)
- Digits (0-9)
- Special characters (!%/=*)