Set up Outlook with IMAP
IMAP or Internet Message Access Protocol is a protocol used by email clients to retrieve email messages from a mail server over a TCP/IP connection.
To set up an IMAP connection to our mail servers in Outlook, first open Control Panel:
- Click the Windows button and start typing "Control"
- Click on Control Panel when it appears in the menu.
To open the email settings, change from the 'category' view to Large or Small icons and click on Mail.
Click on Show Profiles..
Click on Add...
Choose 'Manual setup or additional server types' and click Next
Choose POP or IMAP and click Next.
First choose IMAP in the drop-down under Account Type:
Fill in the information:
- Your name: display name in sent emails
- Incoming mail server: hex.speicherblock.at
- Outgoing mail server: hex.speicherblock.at
- Give your credentials in the Logon information in the format of User Principal name
- Click on More settings...
On the Outgoing Server tab, tick in 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and leave the radio button at 'Use same settings as my incoming mail server'
On the Advanced tab, provide the following information:
- Incoming server: 993
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL/TLS
- Outgoing server: 587 or 465
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: STARTTLS
Click Next, the configuration wizard will now test the connection. You'll get two green ticks. Click on Close and Finish the wizard.
Now you can open Outlook and your email account will be setup.