Activate Veeam Backup Agent
In case the customer's machine already had a Backup Agent installed and is currently in Stand-alone mode, you need to connect it to our Service Provider Console for correct licensing usage and easier management. To do this, you need to Activate the Backup Agent.
On any computer:
- Log in to Veeam Service Provider Console.
- In the menu on the left, click Discovery.
- Open the Discovered Backup Agents
- Select the necessary Veeam backup agents in the list.
- Click Activation and choose Switch to Managed Mode.
After you activate a Veeam backup agent, Veeam Service Provider Console will assign the required number of licensing units to it. The Veeam backup agent license status will be set to Managed. The number of used and total licensing units in the Veeam Service Provider Console license pool will be updated.
In the Backup jobs section, you can see the already configured jobs of the Backup Agent.